1. I created graphics for my Jane Lately column!
I’ve tried others and none made me happy quite like these do 🙂 I did screw up with the first one (this one), for it was supposed to go in rainbow order, but it’ll cycle out eventually.
They’ll only appear on this blog in the post listing cards, not in the actual blog posts.
I played with pale colors, to complement the new blog theme where possible, because I wanted them to stand out better and not look like “regular” content, since they’re life updates about myself/life and not the ish to be doled out on the typical. No two graphics are likely to be the same exact HEX code, because whilst I kept the color scale dot at one type of shape, I slid it every time instead of using specific HEX codes.
From the collage above, you can gather I created a bunch in advance — this is because I batch; it’s much easier to
- Create similar graphics in one sitting, and
- Save, rename & upload graphics in one sitting.
Sometimes I do this in the same day, or one day apart; other times, I do it a whole week or so apart; it just depends on where my mind’s at and what I’ve got going on.
I find it relaxing.
2. Living in an apartment is equal parts stressful and superb.
I enjoy living on my own, but it’s expensive no matter how you spend your money (and I haaate spending money on even the things I need). I’m constantly surprised I even manage to feed myself on a semi-regular basis.
Some things my family raised concerns about based on the way I lived my life under their
- Things get messy, dishes pile up, dirty laundry builds, clean laundry lives in baskets for weeks — but I do not live in a horrendous mess. Eventually, I will clean it.
- I eat what I want, when I want & how I want it. I don’t follow dieting rules and apply morals to food. I eat a lot of food, and keep soda and ice cream and chips and candy on standby — and contrary to popular presumption, I do not binge on it, which I presume is because I know it’s there and that it’s mine and it’s not going anywhere just because someone has realized I’m not eating on it right then and there. I can stock up as I want to, even if I don’t want it right then, so I can have it for when I do.
- I’m not ashamed or embarrassed when someone sees messiness in my apartment, because if they have issues with the cleanliness, they’re not the company I want, anyway. I don’t have problems with bugs, mold, or smell. It never gets that bad. Sometimes it gets so bad you can barely walk outside of a path, but…so what? I have shit going on in my life that is more important than the cosmetic aspects of my life sometimes.
- Like, I’m not fully unpacked yet. Unless you’ve lived in your place over a year, I presume you’re not, either.
3. I rebranded! & there’s a new theme
Georgie redesigned my blog!
About midway, I decided to rebrand to That Adult because Janepedia doesn’t fit my blog anymore. I might explain in detail more later, but the gist is that I was determined to establish who I was and control my personal brand both on and offline, because I’ve been struggling to do it since I was a kid — and I got lost in the midst of that. I also got a lot of messages from random men who felt they needed to tell me I’m beautiful. One wanted to pimp me out to his girlfriend…
All it did was imply to other people that I would “on” even when I didn’t have the spoons for it, and it fucked me over.
hej.gay is blocked by Facebook & Instagram, because their buggy algorithm mistakenly presumed it breaks community guidelines even though the only difference was in the domain name.
I’ve contacted them, to no avail. This puts a damper on things because it will mean that, even if I don’t advertise on Facebook or Instagram, people can’t link to my blog through it — even if they use Bitly or another redirect source. 😤
So fuck Facebook, then, amiright? I’m not gonna change my blog/domain name just because of a faulty algorithm. Permanent bans have to be done by people, so it should eventually run out on its own?
Anyway, more info on the rebrand is in a previous post!
4. Follow me on Instagram @wearethatadult for general blog/life-y updates
My site is blocked, but I’m still posting here and there.
I put @thejanelively on private mode for now. I separated it because too many men “felt the need” to message me and tell how beautiful I am, or my feet are, and??? dafuq.
Until next time. ✨